Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Can I send btyahoo email from another server?

I use outlook as an email client. For a large proportion of the year I live in Belgium and, using a Belgacom account, I can download email but not send it. Is it possible to configure my account to allow sending?





I know that I can use the web intefrace, but this is very inconvenient.





thanks





Fiona

Can I send btyahoo email from another server?
I have configured Outlook to send and receive several e-mail accounts.





The key is getting the correct settings from your provider and entering them before you run the Outlook Test programme.





Under Outlook %26gt; Tools %26gt; EMail Accounts %26gt; Add A New Account
Reply:Do you have an email account with Belgacom? Try using the Belgacom SMTP server (relay.skynet.be) instead of the BT one when you are connected through Belgacom. make a note of the BT one (smtp.btsomething.something) and put that back when in the UK.





(It is the SMTP server which sends emails.)





Tools - Email Accounts - View or Change existing email accounts - Change - Outgoing Mail Server


No comments:

Post a Comment